January 16, 2008

Happy Pongal

Happy Pongal/Shankaranthi to all of you......
With the start of Makaram/Thai month, every thursday evening, our courtyards will be cleaned and adorned by kolam/rangoli. We put using rice/kola powder and rice paste. Some people change the kolams on monday evenings also. That is Tuesdays and Fridays will have fresh kolams made. I rarely change on tuesdays. But for Fridays it is always new kolam.
This is the start of the series for the month of kolam



Neivedyam for pongal

2 comments:

  1. Happy Pongal to you too !
    rangali reminds me of our beloved traditions , thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had great pongal celebrations!..:)
    Glad to find a blogger from India :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest on my blog.Appreciate your feedback. Leave your suggestions/comments which will help me improve my blog.